Tuesday, June 23

Early Morning Thoughts

I used to wake up with 15 minutes to get ready. I'd roll out of bed, after hitting the snooze 2 or 3 times, brush my teeth, brush my hair, and go.
Now, I give myself at least an hour to get ready, sometimes only a 1/2 hour. I like to let myself slowly wake up, slowly come to terms with the day, the moments, the time I'm in.
I drink my glass of FRS, I check my email, I look at my Google Reader, I pick out my clothes, you get the idea.
It kind of feels more grown up this way. I like the feeling of being up early in the morning, it makes me feel more productive, knowing how many hours I've put towards the day.
At some point this may get even earlier, when I have a longer commute and when there are children in my life who insist on early mornings. So right now, I'll cherish that I can sleep till 7:30 and I won't think too much about the days when I used to get up at 9 and get to work by 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5:15 morning wake up here. There will be no sleeping in once a baby arrives, so you should enjoy those quiet morning hours and extra sleep!

Sadie