Monday, November 2

Monday Night at Chez Barnard

Matt puts popcorn in microwave
Me: "You really have to watch it."
Matt: "I know, I'm listening."
Me: "Okay. I just don't want you to make the same mistake I did." The smell of burnt popcorn still weighs heavy in the air.
Matt: "Yeah, but you made it on the stove top, right?"
Me: "No!"
Matt:"You didn't?"
Me: laughing, "No!"
Matt: "But, you like to make popcorn on the stove top."
Me: "Yes, but not when it is microwave popcorn!"
The smell of burnt popcorn is overcome by the peals of laugther
Matt: "Okay, okay, watch me get burned for never making food as a child."
Moments later
Me: "You're filling another glass? You just used a glass for dinner!"
Matt: "I know, but I just put it in the dishwasher."
Me: "This is why we have to run the dishwasher so often!"
Matt: "You're right, I know. If you want to be more concious of this, we can be more concious of it. I'm on board."
Walks to the sink to fill the brita.
Me: "The popcorn! It's burning!"

No comments: