Thursday, September 25

Falling in to it

The Jewish New Year is right around the corner of this weekend and it feels like Fall outside. When did it go from Labor Day weekend to Fall? When did I go from planning a wedding to being a newlywed? I told someone the other day I left my job on the 15th of September because August 15th sounded too far away, but it was over a month ago that I left and all the newness came in to my life. Wow.
Soon it will be October and I still won't have a job. When Matt would mention October when we were in Hawaii I would panic a little bit inside and think how scary it was to think about October coming and me not being employed. Now it is almost here, and I'm okay. Things are happening, pieces are moving and we're going to be just fine.
Going to NH this weekend will make Fall feel even more present in my world. To see the colors on the trees and feel the cold air on my skin in the mornings and evenings, and probably throughout the day will feel good.
Seasons changing always rejuvinates me, even the first snow of the year. My sinuses don't like it, but I love stepping outside and thinking the air has changed, that the time has shifted in to a new season.
It helps to deal with change if you embrace the cycles that come with it and enjoy and relish in all they bring.
For me Fall brings out sweatshirts and sweaters and brown boots. I can drink tea at night to relax and be comfortable with the window open and a fleece blanket on me. Fall means oranges and reds and all the warm full of life colors that I enjoy. I'll want to have a glass of wine with dinner and embrace the ciders, pumpkins and warm drinks that everyone will be selling.
I'm looking forward to running in the park as the season changes and just as I embraced the arrival of the cherry blossoms and Spring I'll marvel at the leaves changing and the air crisping. I love crispy air, ooh and crispy apples.

No comments: