Tuesday, April 22

Weight Watchers Cool Hunting

I haven't done one of these in awhile! But, I've been thinking of all the things I could link you to- so here we go, let's have some fun!
I'm back in Weight Watchers and really enjoying it this second time, so I'll pass on some of the products I've been enjoying while making my habits and self much healthier.

FRS: I'd heard about this product for a year or so from the hungrygirl email list, and I think one other online source. I was always iffy on trying it, but come the new year I decided to stop drinking coffee- not for any health reasons as I don't think it is bad for you, but more for financial and simplification reasons ("We can leave after I have my coffee" "Oh on the way we need to stop for a coffee"). I knew that I was reliant on coffee for energy in the morning, and FRS was a great answer. Honestly, this product is the real deal. I have found myself with much more energy, I only get the 3:00/4:00 slump when I have had my second glass and it has been very helpful in helping me maintain my increased activity level. For $36/ month I get plenty to use and it auto-ships to me for free. They have a 14 day trial, which I took advantage of to test it out, and it only took a week for me to know it was making a difference. If you are looking for something like this, go for it. It is worth it.

Fiber One Bars: These things ROCK. They are packed with fiber, delicious and filling. The perfect afternoon snack when you don't think you'll make it through until dinner. The perfect thing to have in the car on a longer trip. I love them. The one downside, is the high fructose corn syrup. If that isn't something you're focused on, then this is probably the best granola/cereal bar I've come across.

Everlast Groove Pocket Crop Pants: These pants rock. I've been running outside a lot more now that the weather is turning to spring, and these are the perfect pant for it. Not only are they breathable and comfortable to run in, but I can easily put my ipod and door key in the handy pocket and not worry about a thing! I prefer crop pants for exercise since I don't have to worry about chaffing or riding up and these are great all season ones. I wasn't cold when the air was still chilly, and I didn't get too hot running in them last Saturday when temps were approaching 80. Seriously- if you're in the market, check 'em out. I was lucky and got them during a daily candy deals offer, but I'd pay full price for them too.

Amy's Burritos: These burritos have played a huge role in ensuring Matt and I are eating something healthy when we need something quick and easy. They are packed with good things that taste good too, and for the WW readers they are low in points too. I think I've tried all the dinner varieties and they are all delicious. I love them with a side of spinach salad, some sour cream and salsa and maybe a handful of corn chips. Amy makes a mean Tamale Pie too.

Skinny Cow Fudge Bars: These got me through those first few weeks after WW started of wanting something bad for me. Luckily, they hit the spot and aren't bad for you. I don't know how they did it at Skinny Cow, but these are yummy and rich tasting and the ingredients list doesn't frighten me. Seriously, give them a try. They have a weird outer couting of ice, but once you crack that, it is all fudgey goodness.

Geez, after this post you may need to hit the supermarket! Enjoy :)

No comments: