Wednesday, July 11

Car Talk

"Hold on."
"What?"
"I want to write down our conversations on the trip."
"It'll be a short list" snicker
"Whaaat?!"

"Isn't that a little weird?"
"What?"
"Colbat SS"
"What does it stand for?"
"I don't know, but isn't it a little weird?"
"Why?"
"Cause of the Gestapo?"
"Oh..."

"I want one of those watches you slap on."
"A slap bracelet watch?"
"Yeah! Slap bracelets were awesome!"
"Totally."
"Whatever happened to them? Didn't someone get hurt?"
"I think so, yeah"
"That's one of the problems with our litigious society. Someone gets hurt by something and then it's gone. Why can't they just put it out there that someone got hurt and then have a little fun with it?"
"Yeah, I don't know. How do you spell litigious?"

"NJ revolves around the turnpike- that's the truth. A fun game to play is looking at all the stupid town names. Maybe we'll get to see my least favorite town name."
"Yeah, I think I remember this."
"Mmhmm."
"So what is it?"
"Well, I don't know if we're going to pass it or not."
"Just tell me the name."
"Lodi New Jersey."
"Right, I remember now."
"I haven't seen the name of every town across the US but that is definitely low on my list of good names."
"I like the name Lodi."
"Maybe if there was a town like Matt Sucks, I'd like that less."
"Yeah, Mattsucks New Jersey."

"What are you thinking about?"
"I don't know. What are you thinking about?"
"What you're thinking about."
"You're thinking about what I'm thinking about?"
"Uh-huh."
"Okay."
"This was a good conversation."
"It doesn't have to be over."
"Mmhmm."
"I'm thinking about passing this guy," Said as he passes a guy.

"Is that the moon?"
"That red light?"
"NO!" pause, "That!"
"Woah, it is red."
"Yeah, it's on the horizon."
"Woah"
"(mocking) That red light."
"I was gonna say, if you thought that was the moon you're way off and we're about to pass it."

No comments: