Thursday, November 6

What I'm Not

I'm not a person who can sit still for very long, and I'm not someone who can just go and go and go without breaks. I'm also not someone who can just sleep a day away, I feel lazy and gross. I'm not someone who can ignore dirt, or mess or things that are out of order. I'm not going to pretend that any of that doesn't make me a little crazy.

I'm not a coffee drinker, I used to be, but I gave it up and it kind of feels good in a self righteous way. I'm not that in to soda, but sometimes I just need a good crisp sweet refreshing sip to get me through. I'm not a meat eater, most of the time. I'm not my best when I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables. I'm not one of those freaks who doesn't like water- how could you not like water??

I'm not a lonely person, because I make sure to surround myself with people I care about, but it doesn't mean I don't get lonely. I'm not as shy as I used to be, but sometimes I still get anxious about new places and new people. I'm not a camp geek, but I attribute who I am today to going to camp.

I'm not hard to know, or hard to get to know or hard to be around (at least I don't think so..). I'm not someone who will hide herself or who she is. I'm not going to sugar coat things for you. I'm not who my friends go to when they don't want to hear the truth. I'm not the girl who has a million friends she kind of knows and keeps in touch with, that's too much work.

I'm not into scary movies, or period pieces (especially war movies). I'm not ashamed to say that mostly I like chick flicks and silly comedies. I'm not that proud of my intolerance for "good" movies, maybe I need to push myself a bit more on that front. I'm not going to deny that I watch a lot of TV, and honestly I'm not that ashamed of it. I'm not sure why I haven't spent more rainy afternoons in bed reading a good book, especially now that I have some time.

I'm not sure how to end this list, so I'll just stop here.

Thanks to brookem for this great blog idea- I hope she doesn't mind that I'm stealing it!

1 comment:

megabrooke said...

i absolutely don't mind! we share a lot of the same nots!