Sunday, December 20

Making it work, and working for it

New person. She came into your life and turned it upside down. He went out of his way to provide incredible customer service. Who is your unsung hero of 2009?

Someone who turned my life upside down? Someone who is my unsung hero of 2009 that is new? I'm not sure I can actually answer this question. There have been many new people in my life this year, some that I know will be in my life forever, some I hope I'll keep forging a strong bond with but they haven't quite turned my life upside down and none of them are unsung heros. If I take the best angle, the best of '09 new person in my life is my new running buddy, she technically isn't new in my life because we knew of each other in college, we just weren't close then. We came back in to each other's lives at our friend Kate's wedding and someone, with my track record, after making a date to run together post wedding we actually did and kept it up consistently throughout the summer. We've even gone so far as to have lunch together, face to face! Some of the best times I've had this year has been when running with my various running buddies, husband included, so I'm so happy that one of them has grown in to a lasting friendship. And although I'll be moving out of the city just after she moved in, I have a feeling our running dates will remain intact and no doubt our friendship will.
Here's to lots more running with some great buddies in 2010.

No comments: