Tuesday, January 31

Sleep is Good

I feel like crap. I can't sleep at night because the people that live upstairs decided that from 10:30-12:30 they would completely remodel and rearrange their room- every night. Sleep is way underrated. I find it hard to concentrate when I'm sleep deprived, I find it impossible to think rationally, I get overly emotional and take everything way too literally and personally. In short I cannot be be in a work environment. Even sitting here hearing the "work" noises around me I'm finding it hard not to want to shut everyone up and every machine off so I can just relax and not have to think and not have to take in what's around me.
I just looked at my calendar to think about taking a personal day. Maybe even having that on the calendar will make it easier for me to get through the next few days. I don't know. I'm a friggin' basket case.
I wrote a note for the people upstairs. I've tried talking to them- "can you please make sure you take your shoes off when you're in the apartment, especially at night". I tried going up when it was happening and pointing it out, "Can you guys please try to keep it down, I'm finding it really hard to fall asleep". Obviously those don't work. So lets see what a note does:
Hey Guys-
I just wanted to be sure you realized that my bedroom is directly below your front room. Because the ceilings are so thin- I can basically hear every step you take and everything you do- especially at night. Last night was particularly loud which prompted me to write this.
I'm hoping there is an easy solution to this. I try to go to bed close to 10:30 every week night and if you can do what you need to in the front room before then that would be great.
Thanks Guys
Adrienne

What do you think? I think whatever I write they'll take it the wrong way- I think whatever I do the noise will continue. I'll keep you updated. Maybe I'll rewrite the note- its easier then committing to concentrating on anything else.

No comments: